Nuisance Wildlife Permits in Florida
Not all wild animals are harmful or dangerous. Many of them can be simply shooed away when they attempt to get into private property. However, there are many more wild animals that can be dangerous to humans. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission defines them as nuisance wildlife. And whether you plan to own, transport, capture or lethally take one of these wild animals, you are required to have the necessary nuisance wildlife permits.
There are laws that protect nature and wildlife in the United States. In Florida where numerous wildlife species are found, there are more than enough laws to keep them protected as well. To avoid any legal problems, it is highly recommended for you to call a licensed animal removal contractor to capture wild animals in your property. This is in addition to the fact that attempting to handle wild animals on your own can be very dangerous.
According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, nuisance wildlife refers to the following:
- An animal that has caused or about to cause damage to property
- An animal that is a danger to the safety of the public
- An animal that causes annoyance in a property
The following are only some of the required nuisance wildlife permits in Florida. Whenever you need one of these permits, please make sure that you have gained a full understanding of its requirements and coverage.
- Captive Wildlife Permit for venomous reptiles
- Python Removal Permit for conditional reptiles
- Protected Wildlife Permit and Bird Trap Permit for birds
- Gun/Light at Night Permit for depredation of selected wildlife at night
- Deer Depredation Permit for deer causing damage to crops
- Bear Depredation Permit is granted only when authorities fail to capture a black bear and when less-lethal methods are ineffective
- Steel Trap Permit for when you need to use padded jaw steel traps
- Mallard Control Permit for controlling and trapping feral mallards
For further questions about nuisance wildlife permits, you may reach out to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Licensed Animal Removal Services in Orlando, FL
It could get extremely frustrating if you had to deal with legal issues when attempting to capture a wild animal that came to your property uninvited. So you won’t have to worry about this anymore, get in touch with Orlando’s most trusted licensed animal removal contractor instead. At Animal Wildlife Trappers, we can help you capture all kinds of wild animals in your Orlando home. We also service Maitland, Longwood, Winter Park, Deltona, Sanford, Windermere, Ocoee, Lake Mary, Clermont, Apopka, and nearby areas. Schedule your free inspection today! You may reach us at 352-267-0546 to get a free quote.