Squirrels are often drawn to garages and attics; however, they are excellent climbers and will set up shop anywhere that is warm and dry. They generally make their way in by chewing holes in the exterior of the structure or entering through eaves, soffits, and vents. When they’ve made their way through, squirrels will happily nest and store food while making a lot of noise in the process. They can also be a terror to gardens.
Animal Wildlife Trappers will set traps and humanely remove the squirrels from your property. We can also work with you to seal off any exposed areas that led to an entry point within the home, garage, or building. It is also extremely important that Animal Wildlife Trappers decontaminate and repair the property.
Squirrels cause a number of significant issues within living and storage spaces because they:
- Chew through wires (common fire hazard)
- Chew through PVC plumbing lines
- Shred any available materials to nest including insulation, wall paper, and wood
- Leave behind excrement that can host a number of zoonotic diseases (those that can be transmitted to humans including Salmonella and Leptospirosis)
- Can carry parasites, ticks, and fleas
- Can die in a space and leave an unsanitary and foul odor